MISSING BUILDINGS (#22 & 23)
Part(north) of Block 9 (George & Barbara Eastman Map - Dec. 1958)
Forgotten Buildings is what Mrs. George W. Eastman called her compilation as she described (in 1954) what was here: Main Street East
© Columbia State Historic Park.
The cluster of buildings around the
Claverie Store(#28) looking south. - c1866
1859 - Boston Livery Stable (#22) (G & B Eastman 1958)
1858 - Lamartine's Gunsmith Shop and Barber Shop. (#23) (just south of Magendie Store - #24). (G & B Eastman 1958)
Joseph Armand Lamartine was in business until 1865. - (Then Came The French: Biblio 49)
From a copy of the map of Columbia 1860 that was compiled by George W. & Barbara Eastman Map - Dec. 1958
This page is created for the benefit of the public by
Floyd D. P. Øydegaard.
fdpoyde3 (at) yahoo (dot) com
A WORK IN PROGRESS,
created for the visitors to the Columbia State Historic park.
© Columbia State Historic Park & Floyd D. P. Øydegaard.