1850 September - James A. Jackson and Stone build the first log cabin store on this site, advertise as "Columbia's Pioneer Store."
1853 August 7 - An Advertizement is listed in the Columbia Gazette for the "Jackson and Stone, Wholesale and Retail Dealers in Groceries, Liquors, Hard Ware, Mining Tools, Boots & Shoes, etc." - (Columbia Gazette August 7, 1853)
1854 June - a brick building is erected just before the fire.
1856 June - the building is for sale.
1857 W. H. Neale & Co. lease the building. Stone is no longer one of the owners.
1858 March - Jackson sells to Raymond and Holton who continue "Provisions and General Store" along with their soda business.
1860 Partnership dissolves, Raymond got the soda business, Holton runs the store.
This page is created for the benefit of the public by
Floyd D. P. Øydegaard.