HISTORY OF THE JENNY LIND NAME IN COLUMBIA.
In the Furguson Building:
1854 William O'Hara opens the Jenny Lind restaurant at the back of the saloon.
1856 William O'Hara runs an ad in the Business Men's Directory.
© Bancroft Library.
The fancy sign attached to large lamp that states; "Jenny Lind Restaurant."
1856 William O'Hara runs an ad in the Weekly Columbian newpaper.
In the Martinez House location:
1857 August 12, Heckendorn sells the adjacent lot on the west to William O'Hara of the Jenny Lind Restaurant. His advertising described the building as 25 ft by 50 ft and 2 stories high. Since closing The Clipper, which had been published from this building in early 1856, he had been renting the rooms for sleeping or offices.
In the Angelo Hall location:
1859 In July, Michael Rosenfield's Jenny Lind restaurant is advertising in the building.
In the Columbia House location:
2008 April - Forever Resorts takes over the Columbia House and renames it the Jenny Lind
Restaurant, on a month to month basis until it goes out to bid.
2009 April - Jenny Lind closes for replacement of hood and kitchen flooring.
2009 June 21 - Forever Resorts contract ends. No one bids on the restaurant.
This page is created for the benefit of the public by
Columbia Booksellers & Stationers
22725 Main Street
Columbia California 95310-9401
A WORK IN PROGRESS,
created for the visitors to the Columbia State Historic park.
© Columbia State Historic Park & Floyd D. P. Øydegaard.