1851 The lot is the south part of the Patterson House Saloon owners Henry Dawson and John D. Patterson. A wood frame building.
1852 Part of the building is rented to Charles J. Brown who runs a bank and express office as well as a book and stationery store.
1853 Heslep, Yaney and Co. acquire the lot and sell it to James A. Jackson. Brown rents the book and stationery business to Robert H. Towle.
1854 Towle buys the business. S.G. Bailey, watchmaker and jeweler, is also in the store. After the July fire, the building is rebuilt of wood.
1854 December - Towle takes Holden as a partner.
1855 Albert Leavitt replaces Holden as partner.
1855 September - Jackson sells the building to Edward Coleman.
1856 April - Soderer and Marshall buy the store.
1857 August - After the fire it is rebuilt of brick. James A. Jackson operates the "American Emporium of Fashion".
1858 January - Oliver H. Bliss becomes a partner in Jackson's store which is now the "Men's Furnishing Emporium".
1858 November - the partnership dissolves and Bliss takes over.
1859 April - Bliss closes the business.
1859 June - Fisher & Co open a clothing and grocery store. The grocery soon closes and the store becomes "Gents Furnishings".
1860 February - N. Soderer takes the place of the "& Co." and the business name changes to Oak Hall Clothing Store.
1860 December - Fisher leaves and Soderer tries to sell the business.
1861 March - Lynch re-opens the store.
1861 June - Lynch is gone, P.G. Ferguson opens a wholesale liquor store.
1861 July - Soderer buys out Marshall.
1862 April - Ferguson closes the store.
1866 April - Charles H. Brown opens a news depot.
1866 Philo Medley takes over the business.
1869 August - Medley moves the business.
1870 February - Soderer sells the building to Edmund Parsons.
1871 Gideon Wing moves his tin shop into the building.
1873 Parsons sells the building to Siebert and Vassallo.
1889 Vassallo sells out to Siebert.
1890 Gideon Wing closes his tin shop.
This page is created for the benefit of the public by
Floyd D. P. Oydegaard