(Brunet Lot, Solaris Lot, Archive Building-Sector Office)
Sector Office Building - 2018.
Jackson Street, east of Main Street, south.
Originally described as two framed houses and lots; this is on the east part of the Magendie lot.
1880 Frame 2-story residence built by Louis Brunet
The Solaris had a house on this lot, don’t know when it was built, do know that it burned in the 1920 fire.
Solaris Building - 1920.
© Columbia State Historic Park.
Unknown Building - 1929.
Some kind of false front was made after fire. Not sure if it was usable (See far right of image)
1960 Present building replica of the Brunet structure, built for the park office.
1990 Records, photos and archives moved into the building as it became the archives office.
2002 Records, photos and archives moved to the remodeled firehouse office building behind Main Street firehouse as it became the archives office.
© Floyd D.P. Řydegaard - 2018.
The back of the Sector Office
This page is created for the benefit of the public by
Columbia Booksellers & Stationers
22725 Main Street
Columbia California 95310-9401
To make corrections, etc., contact:
A WORK IN PROGRESS,
created for the visitors to the Columbia State Historic park.
© Columbia State Historic Park & Floyd D. P. Øydegaard.