Forgotten Buildings is what Mrs. George W. Eastman called her compilation as she described (in 1954) what was here: Main Street East
1859 - Denoille's (2nd location) (#78) AKA French Restaurant (G & B Eastman 1958)
1858 - Seibert's Bakery and Coffee Saloon (#79) (just south of California Store/Franco barn). (G & B Eastman 1958)
1859 - New York Bakery (#80) AKA City Market in 1857. (G & B Eastman 1958)
August 1855 Henrietta Schultze bought the south lot of the New York Bakery property from Herman Roth.
January 1856 Henrietta Schultze sells the property to her husband John Schultze. The place is also known as the German Hall.
March 1856 They sell to John Lousy. - (E1:15:9)
1859 - Hoerchner's Brick Building (#81) Since 1856. 2 stores. (G & B Eastman 1958)
1859 - Long Tom Saloon (#82). (wrongly marked as Martha's Place) (G & B Eastman 1958)
1859 - Martha Carlos Barclay's Lone Star Saloon. (See her psge) (Between #81 and #82)
1859 - Pechaud Brothers (#83) Building. Started in 1851. It was announced in a local newspaper on May 30, 1861, that the Pechaud Brothers, owners of the "French Store, on Jackson Street, " would begin selling off their extensive stock on Saturday, June 1. (G & B Eastman 1958)
Brothers Jean Pechaud and François Pechaud ran a grocery store and provision store, which they built with fireproof cellar following the fire of 1854. Known as the French Store, this would be the longest running French owned business in Columbia...(Confused with Brunet store) - (Then Came The French)
NOTE: There is a sloght chance that the actual store was between #24 and #25.