MAIN STREET FIREHOUSE.
1910 to PRESENT
Main Steet Firehouse - 2009
Lot owned by Alexander & Co.
1853 House and lot sell to Manning Yaney.
1854 Sheriff's sale to Matthew Alexander.
1855 Constable sells to John G. Sparks.
1856 Sells to Edwin A. Rogers, he sells to Hugh Davis and John and David Thomas. The business is a fruit stand.
The second firehouse on the left.
1861 The lot was sold to the city and leased to the engine company for a firehouse. The lot had a small one story frame building with a meeting room at the back.
1871 August - Columbia Engine Company No 2. Block 9, Lot 165. (This lot extends from Main to Columbia Street.) - Deputy County Surveyor map by John P. Dart
1910 The building was torn down.
(see the history of the engines and companies.)
The Main Street firehouse was the third. - 1952
1911 The present building was constructed.
1952 Purchased for $1.00 from engine company, value set at $5260.
1957 Garage and hose drying tower added.
1957 Used as the town's firehouse.
© Will Dunniway.
Main Street Firehouse with Papeete and Company. - 2009
© Floyd D.P. ¯ydegaard.
Jackson Street Firehouse Company. - 2011
This page is created for the benefit of the public by
Columbia Booksellers & Stationers
22725 Main Street
Columbia California 95310-9401
A WORK IN PROGRESS,
created for the visitors to the Columbia State Historic park.
© Columbia State Historic Park & Floyd D. P. Øydegaard.